Saturday, May 07, 2005

Bigotry

I just received and e-mail from my father. I would call him a "blind-faith" Repulican. Now, this is not to say that "blind-faith" democrats are any better. His e-mail was, essentially, a poem about how illegals go on welfare and get free homes, healthcare, and turn our streets and towns into tenements. I wrote a response, but didn't send it. My smart wife talked me out of it. "Is it worth offending him?", she asked. "no," I replied. "But did he care whether it offended me?" I quickly came here to post my thoughts. I hate being surrounded in my life by ignorance and arrogance. It goes straight to the heart of our problem today, Intolerance. We are so divided because every fool is convinced that he/she is right, and every person of wisdom is so full of doubt. But the wise are in the minority. I feel incredibly ashamed that someone I love so dearly can be so foolish. =( Just had to post... Thanks for reading. HH

No comments: