Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Awed...

IT has been rather humbling to read the web of late. Shane and Counterintuitive have seemed to been especially inspired to scribble prose which, by any standard, seem to elucidate the most tender parts of the human experience. I am touched with the thought of how much words may be used like musical notes.

It seems that words, put on the proper order... sing to me. There is a rhythm which, like fine music, mezmorizes the reader. It goes beyond inspiration. It simply touches the heart, soul, spirit, being... call it what you will, in a way which transcends the meaning of language. And, which, when invoked by the inspired hand, changes the mood of the reader.

Times like those are reminiscent of the elation experienced after long periods of meditation. When the mind is quiet, desire is gone, and the bodily and mental health are in perfection. It seems the confines of the waking world, for a moment, blend with the world in my dreams. And, so, the other may capture this trance-like state and blend the depth of reality with the sphere of ethereal whimsy. Its interesting how only through disconnection with self one is able obtain greater connection with all else.

MY daughter is having a birthday this week. No longer a pre-teen she is growing into a woman. Funny... she ages, and I get older. She and her brother will soon be gone. Off to university life, marriage, and families of thier own. Geeezzz. little more disconnection would be nice. Better go read ya'lls blogs.

HH =)

6 comments:

shane said...

Another post! Finally.
Like I have room to talk, eh?

I like this line: Its interesting how only through disconnection with self one is able obtain greater connection with all else.

So true.

I know I'm a day late, but tell Katie I said Happy Birthday!!!

HH said...

Katie was thrilled to hear from you! She sends her love.

Trav

shane said...

thought you might appreciate this:
http://pizdaus.com/pics/FgAKRLweASyQ.jpg

shane said...

in link form:

shane said...

oops. didn't accept my code. feel free to delete that last one.

Counterintuitive said...

I'm like a month late, but I was going to comment on the same line Shane mentions--so ironic but so true. If we crave connection and liking it never happens.