Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Longing for not-longing...

Been a bit strange lately... Work has simply picked me up, blown me around,and made me dizzy as hell. One moment I am just administering a standardized measure, and the next I am listening to another child coldly verbalize his/her (usually her) experience being brutalized by a bishop, step-father, or mother's boyfriend. There has been a bit of habituation to seeing the healing scars on thier arms, wrists, and ankles. It just doesn't phase me anymore.

My ears have been ringing, and my head has been fuzzy. An audiologist friend finally diagnosed me with "severe eustation tube dysfunction." A 30-day round of steroids and prescription decongestants... just thrilling. Wonder when/if it will end?

I am blessed by nature to have an incredible family. My wife is supportive and loving. My children are bright and kind. The changing of the color of leaves brings bliss to me. My financial situation is VERY positive (BTW invest in LUK).

Is life just a battle between extremes and moderation? Is the dichotomy just a coincidence? It seems that I have lived my life in bliss, and depression (youth); or, in moderation and peace. Peace is better. Strange days indeed.

Sorry I haven't posted much lately. I have been keeping up with my blog reading though.

HH

3 comments:

shane said...

Yeah, I heard you hadn't been feeling well. At least it's been diagnosed. How are the steroids treating ya? Your voice any huskier?

Take care of yourself, man. Looking forward to seeing you over the T-day break.

Counterintuitive said...

I loved the first few times I took oral steroids because I didn't need to sleep much and could get lots done but eventually that wore off and the steroids probably contributed to my screwed up stomach. We are getting old...

shane said...

"We are getting old".
Damn, you said it.