Saturday, September 15, 2007

Funky Hot Tub and a quiet house

The wife and I were pondering a little Hot-Tubbing action last night. We decided against it (too lazy to go outside, turn up the temp; and change into suits). It has been about three months since I drained, cleaned, and refilled it; so, thought today it might be a good idea to check the chemical levels.

Went outside, opened the cover, smelled a slight funk, and saw cloudy water. I grabbed a test-strip, dipped it into the water and could see that there was NO clorine/bromine left. So, after 30 minutes of dumping chemicals and running the tub, it is crystal clear again. Gonna drain and clean it tomorrow.

I also need to change the oil in the wife's car... Oh, and I need to adjust a few sprinkler heads... the bed needs made... dishes need to be cleaned... need to pay a few bills... ahh screw it...

The house is quiet and I am alone. The wife and daughter are in Provo at a gymnastics camp for the day. The boy is off with a friend eating lunch at a local Wendy's. The peace is quite lovely. It was a long, busy week at work and a few precious moments of silence may give my head the break it needs...

The boy came home... he's headed to a movie with his "group." Okay... just a little lonely here.

Mmmmmmmmmmmm... Better get those bills paid.

HH

6 comments:

shane said...

Sounds like a good chore list for Brax and Katie.

Isn't that why people have kids?

spontaneous expressions said...

If the purpose for having kids is to get help around the house I think I seriously need to get mine to reread the manual.

shane said...

yeah, they'd better reread it. if that doesn't work, i think you can trade them in for industrious children in china--for cheap. ;)

HH said...

Hmmm? Cheap labor from China you say? Interesting... er... I need to search the web... nothing related...

Trav ;)

Lisa said...

Sara doesn't do housework. I wonder if that laziness comes from the basenji or the pit bull side of her.

shane said...

Hey, what's so interesting about the real world that you can't hang out with your cyber blogger pals anymore?
;)