Monday, May 14, 2007

A good life and a good wife...

Ahhh... another Monday morning. I am dragging myself around today. Spent most of the weekend outside. My son discovered Tennis. Thus, I played out in the hot sun for the past two days. The boy can play! We played one set (mind you he never set foot on a tennis court until his PE class a week ago) and I barely won 7 games to 6.

I have been taking some antibiotics. Having spent so much time in the sun, I am wiped out. I had a fever last night. Sound like I am whining? Well, I am a little. I have been feeling great the past week or so. Whatever I have had since last Sept. is finally starting to clear. So in the stupidity of feeing good I over did it. Luckily my office is freezing. IT is barely 60 degrees in here. And the A/C runs all day. I keep a jacket with me when the frost sets in.

The school year is winding to a close. For me, it is ending with a real whimper. I haven't had a new case, or evaluation, in 2 weeks. A scattered meeting here and there, and the rest of my week is reading journal articles and wishing for hour-8 to roll around. Gotta say, boredom does not suit me.

Had a wonderful Mother's day. I thought of writing up a little diddy on mother's yesterday, but it really is hackneyed. But I just think my wife is the greatest mother ever. I don't know what lucky star shot past the day I met her, but the proof of my true intellect has been my choice of spouse. Every now and again, I impress myself.

Well, one of those infrequent meetings is in 5 minutes so better run. Happy warmth!

HH =)

1 comment:

shane said...

Wish I had been there to barbecue with y'all. Regarding your last post, my mom commented on that debate, as well. The mayor seems to have touched a nerve with conservative Utahns. Sounds to me like Hannity didn't get away with his bullying tactics, so his fans took offense (I didn't see the debate, though). Maybe I'll bring the subject up with Cody on my next visit.
It's better to be happy than right? I'm not a hundred percent sure about that. If you wanna be happy, take a pill. There's more to life than "happiness" (and more to happiness than avoiding conflict). But yes, there are plenty more important things in life than winning arguments.
See you soon, amigo (3 to 4 wks., I'm thinking).