Thursday, May 18, 2006

Long days and showing patience...

So, the house has been on the market for a while now. Plenty of interest, until they ask for the price. Then, the enthusiasm seems to wane. I have been looking at other homes for sale in the valley, and we are priced a little lower than we ought to be, but we are certainly competative with the best of them.

When we sold the first house, it was under contract in 5 days. Granted, it was much lower priced, but sheesh! I hate waiting.

I am still agog at Stephen Colbert's Whitehouse Press Club gala performance. Wow, did that guy show some courage and patriotism or what??! He stood right there and looked at the President while hammering him over the head with his own ineptitude and incompetence. Such a thing of beauty. It hasn't been well recieved. I think it may be because he hammered on the media folks about as hard. Ahh.... the smell of america waking up (see those polls lately folks??).

The school year is winding down, and so is the work that needs to be done. I have a great number of meetings coming up, but the psycho-educational assessment portion is wrapped up. Just a little therapy here and there.

I just can't seem to get my mind of moving. Our new home will be completely paid for. I will be, for the first time in years, debt free. The thought gives me goosebumps. I am of the opinion that debt = slavery. Now, shane don't get too giddy. I am not ready to abandon civilization, and free-markets yet. I have made far too much money in the stock market. I have tasted capitalism and the taste is sweet. The after-taste... not so good. But I can live with it. ;)

The wife and kids are doing great. No great thoughts of import. Just humming to get through the next few weeks.

Later,
HH

2 comments:

shane said...

Well, I'm still a little giddy. Sure, Capitalism is good for some people--just like a dictatorship is good for the dictator. But it's still slavery (if you're a slave AND a slave owner, doesn't that still make you a slave?)
I hear what you're saying, though; I'm against Civilization but I haven't exactly left it yet, either (so I guess "I can live with it", too). It's not an easy skin to shed.
Can't wait to see your new place. For that matter, can't wait to get out there period. A little R n' R at the Owl might be just what I need right now.
See ya soon, amigo.

shane said...

PS: Yeah, the Colbert speech was AWESOME! How ballsy was that? I love the Yes Men stuff, too. Have you seen their movie?