Sunday, January 29, 2006

Amazing people

I have had the good fortune of crossing the paths of many amazing people in my life. Intellectual giants like Dr. Carl Cheney (USU- Behavioral Toxicologist, and mentor without peer), Ken Merrill (also PhD, though at U of Iowa), and Robert Morgan (USU- Dept. of Special Ed.).

My wife's family: Shane (you may read his musings here... pretty impressive eh?), Ron (blog here... "holy cow batman" that guy can communicate), My FIL (no blog, just a guy who seems to have mastered life), my MIL (the person most likely to be immediatly taken to heaven... if such a place exists), and Shane's, and my, new developing little neice/nephew (Tyson and Jackie are gonna be great parents!). I have much to be joyful for.

And Finally, my wife. Words simply do not exist to articulate her humble majesty. I know of no one as dedicated to improving mankinds condition (one person at a time) than she. Her incredible love as a mother is reflected in the kindness and intelligence of our children. Her professional peers, across the state, seek out her input and expertise. She simply gives me hope that our species may have some hint of altruism.

I don't mean to wax overly rhapsodic here. I stay around to balance out the equation for all. I am not too bright ( I can dumnb-down a conversation faster than GW Bush can, "is our children learning?"), spoil my children (reinforce some of my children's less-desirable behavior with candy), a-social (people.. fah... give me a freindly tree and warm Autumn day... musch better company), and, at times, very pissy ("You lookin' at me?!... You lookin' at me?!... bite me!").

My wife was a bit miffed at me yesterday ( that's two times this month.. hmmm?). I can't, yet, discuss what happened (the details are the problem), but let's just say I jumped the gun on something (nothing sexual here... pervert) and she was not happy about it. I smoothed the feathers a bit by begging and a massage, footrub, head, and pleading. She's a good wife.


Well, here she is and I must go. Have a great week. Oh yea... BUSH SUCKS. Please Impeach now.

HH

2 comments:

Ron said...

Reading about your wife made me think about my senior year when we hung out quite a bit. She was so mature, so giving and level-headed already. I see her as someone who rolls up her sleeves and gets to it, leaving the philosophical bullshit to folks like me.

shane said...

Hey amigo, thanks for the good words about mi familia. I know I'm glad you're part of the clan.
Yeah, I was a little surprised about the Tyson/Jackie news--surprised but pleased. The more I hear about Jackie the more I like her; she seems perfect for Ty. Like you said, I think they'll make great parents.



PS:
You're not too bright? Where did that little bit of self-disparagement come from? Did Angie tell you that when you were arguing?