Friday, June 06, 2008

What a miserable Friday...

It rained all day. Kind of HAD IT with the miserable and cold weather. Utah is supposed to be a desert for heaven's sake!

Also, the Market took a turn for the worse. It teased me in the morning with a nice little up-tick in most of my holdings. Alas, it was a head-fake. I smiled comfortably until near the end of trading. I even pondered selling a few positions that were up ~5% or so. Too stupid to be disciplined and take my profits, the quotes turned red. I won't say exactly how much I lost (on paper), but new hybrid car is right out of the question at the moment!

I am delighted that OIL shot up today (over 10.00 per barrel increase). I think a little tough love is what we Americans need to "green-up" our act. I hear stupid Republicans saying "let us drill in ANWAR and everything will be just fine." Bullshit! We already get the majority of our oil from Canada and Alaska. F'ing oil companies want to rip us off until BUSH leaves office and won't protect them anymore. To make a prediction then, oil priced will increase until Jan. 21st, 2009. After that, a precipitous drop will "magically" ensue. Mark this.

On other issues, the EXMO-EXPO II was a delight! Being around such articulate and well-read people is a rare treat for me.

Well, my poor mood shall improve once there is consitant evidence that SUmmer has, indeed, arrived. See you in the sun!

HH =)

3 comments:

Counterintuitive said...

weather is getting me down too--where's the heat!!!

I'm trying to feel positive about increasing oil/gas prices. It takes an immediate chunk out of the pocket book and I don't have any "investments" but as you say higher prices will be the only way to green us up in the US. Bring it on! (ouch that hurts)

shane said...

Weather here hasn't been great, either. But it looks nice today!

I'm afraid it will take a lot more than higher gas prices to "green up" the US. And I doubt we'll ever see a "precipitous drop" in prices again. We might see small dips just prior to the elections, say--but that's about it. Oil isn't an infinite resource, ya know.

spontaneous expressions said...

exmo expo was a delight! now you are no longer a virgin (Indian food eater).

Oil s'moil. I hope it gets so high we can't afford it anymore. Time for a change.