Thursday, February 07, 2008

Bush era is on life-support.

I must admit I take great pleasure in announcing that Mitt Romney is outta there! I don't really care that he was LDS. He was the Bush-establishment candidate. I hate the current political goons. Bush took the worst of liberalism (self righteousness), and melded it with the worst of conservatism (greed, selfishness, and anti-intellectualism). Neo-conservatism has run my country into the ditch.

John McCain is no prize. Ask me 4 years ago if I could have supported him, and I would have replied with an emphatic "YES!" As soon as he bent over and let Bush roister him into support for re-election his appeal was GONE. See Below:




Fuck the Bush"ites" and every moron that voted for them! -- there I ranted. I feel better now... FUCK 'EM! --- Guess I wasn't quite through my catharsis yet? ;)

Things are looking up I think. 'Cept my stocks... damned recession!

HH =)

5 comments:

Counterintuitive said...

McCain is the only republican I said I would vote for; but he blew that with the support of bush and unequivocal support of the war. He made is so far reaching to other side of the aisle, sticking to his values. It's too bad really.

shane said...

Nice picture! Yeah, McCain is Bush's bitch. But the alternatives aren't that much better. I once heard American politics described as an abusive, disfunctional family: the Republicans represent the abusive father and the Democrats represent the enabling, bullied wife. And we're the fucked-up, beaten and molested kids that result from their union.
I think in some respects it would almost be worse if one of the Democratic nominees (the enablers) gets elected. Then women or Blacks might feel less disenfranchised and be more likely to tolerate the system's abuses. Take a close look at Hillory's platform, and you'll find that there's very little separating her from Bush. But if a woman does what Bush is doing, fewer people would be bothered. And, while Obama at least gives lip-service to slightly more leftist positions, I have little confidence he would follow through on anything or that his ideas for change would have any real affect on the basic corporate power structure.

Now Nader, though he's far from being a representative of MY views, would really change things up. That you can count on.

shane said...

What I said about Nader--same goes for Ron Paul.

HH said...

"Yeah, McCain is Bush's bitch. But the alternatives aren't that much better. I once heard American politics described as an abusive, disfunctional family:"...

I hear ya pal! No way will I vote for anyone in the duopoly! I'm writing in someone. Think "Hugo Chavez" is pushing my luck (snicker).

Trav

spontaneous expressions said...

Great Picture!!

Okay...so... I hate to admit this and I'm afraid I will be shunned by the blogger community but in a last minute fit of two year old like tantrum I had a enough of hearing about the virtues Romney(who I didn't like both for his politics and for his plastic politician sheen) and even though I knew he'd carry Utah I wanted to put out some small protest (even if is just symbolic) so I filled out a republican card and voted for McCain because voting democrat wouldn't have carried the same message. Now, I feel kind a stupid about the whole thing. Like I just had a one night stand. So, now I want my independent status back. But who...who to vote for? I voted for Nader once a long time ago but it just took my vote away from the democrat who was running.