Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Tax time


I sit here waiting for the "intuit" site to finish downloading my "Turbotax." Holy shit... could they have made their download site any slower (might as well have been doing it via dial up).

I went to a tax professional today because of the house selling and buying in 2006 and all. Turns out it really isn't going to make much of a difference, so I came home and decided to do it myself, as I have in the past 9 years of my life. However, if this download takes much longer April 15th will have past and I will be screwed. I wonder if the IRS would give me a pass, just for this year???

Things are humming along. We had some warm weather, and then it snowed yesterday (6 inches). I hate living in Utah (most of the time). And, it seems to get off on teasing me with the weather. You see, I love Spring, Summer and Fall. Only because my trees are in bloom. I tolerate the snow for the holidays, but after that, it is just Fu*^king torment!!!

We drove to Phoenix, Arizona last week. The picture (above left) is of my kids at the meet. They were advertising the "chopper shop." My rump is still in agony from the drive. However, the temperature was 80 degrees when we got there. We actually turned on the A/C some of the time. My grandparents used to trot down to Phoenix every Winter. Now, I see why. They lived in Utah! Sorry to be so bleak... the number of clients I am seeing right now for "Seasonal Affective Disorder (i.e., depression) is off-the-chart high! Another kid shows up at my office with suicide on his/her mind and I am going to need a few SSRI's for myself. Luckily we are headed to Boise, ID for the 1st, 2nd ,and 3rd of March. 20 degrees warmer, and pretty liberal town to boot. (I gotta move).

Well, almost 41% of the way there... (damned download site).

I watched Bill Maher a few days ago. You can see it here (about 4 minutes into it). I damned near fell off my chair from laughing so hard. Yes, I think Joseph Smith was a fraud (notice the absence of the word "pious" before fraud). Brigham Young was just a jerk. And the fact that I bought into it for as long as I did makes me furious at times (then I calm down... then get furious again... and then go to bed with warm milk). Will the USA elect Mitt Romney? Kinda doubt it.
Edited: It has already begun. The AP story is here.
Will the USA look into the LDS church a little more thoroughly? DK. But it will be interesting to see what happens when the temple ceremony becomes fodder for the Masses. The aprons and hats alone will set the fashion world ablaze with envy. If you don't know what I mean see here.

I am, politically, looking at Rudy Giuliani, Barack, Wesley Clark, and a few others in the big two parties this year. I will probably vote for Nader again (just so I can sleep at night), but you never know.



Later,

HH

3 comments:

Counterintuitive said...

Damn, you reminded me I must do my taxes. I've always done mine even though my wife tells me every year that I shouldn't because I get pissy and pester her about finding all the documentation. With the TurboTax the last two years it's been pretty easy.

I will have to check out Bill Maher when I have a minute. I hadn't thought about how Romney's run for Pres might increase chances of other looking into the Temple, etc. Hmmm.

Lisa said...

HOLY CRAP. The kids are gorgeous. I can't believe how grown-up they are.

I haven't checked in several months (sometimes I forget things for months at a time) and it looks like I have a lot to read on your blog. I will read more and possibly comment further once I'm well-versed.

I'm currently watching "Are You Smarter than a Fifth Grader" and it occurs to me that I shouldn't be documenting this fact.

Take care.
Lisa

shane said...

Yeah, I saw that episode of Bill Maher. Good stuff.
Looks like a fun trip. I could use a break from the cold weather, as well. We just got dumped on again a couple days ago. Good for skiing, though.
Say hi to Angie and the kids for me.

Look forward to seeing you all soon!