Thursday, April 24, 2008

Those damned dogmatic Darwinists!

The chief argument against Evolutionary biology is that "there are no new species." "Scientists have been bombarding flies with radioactive waves and nothing has changed."

"Nonsense" says I! Just in case you are one of those who holds such a false belief here is a website for you. Plenty of examples of speciation there.

For those who demand direct proof (their own eyes) there is a very simple example that we are all familiar with. Before I tell you I need to define what I mean by "speciation." Speciation means the divergence of one or more specific family of organisms which is UNABLE TO INTERBREED WITH ITS OFFSPRING. In other words the "new" species is unable to procreate with the other.

Now, having set up my argument I am going to give you, not ONE, but TWO examples! I know... you get double for your money! The first, (drum roll for the fundies sitting with their mouths agape) is... the Mule! That is right, mules are the outcomes of Donkey's and Horses breeding. Funny thing is that the Mule can not breed with EITHER of its parent species. Therefore, in your lifetime you may observe speciation.

The second is a little closer to home... You ready??? Trisomy 21 homosapiens. That's right, people with Down's Syndrome. They can not reproduce with non-trisomy 21 homosapeins.

So those who to argue(terribly)that They "didn't come from no monkey..." Well... You and monkey's have a common ancestor like it or not. If you would like even more resources (Professional Journal articles) on this just ask. I have 150 peer-reviewed studies that might help. SOmething to sink yer teeth into.

You fellow scientific simian,

HH =)

4 comments:

Clint Gardner said...

Well the best place to look for new species, or at least species that adapt to new situations is in the bacteria. Bacteria go through millions of generations every few years. That means they adapt rather quickly to the drugs we throw at them.

Other critters go through generations much more slowly, of course. To demand instant gratification of new species within one's limited lifespan shows true ignorance. Even microbial speciation takes thousands of years, despite their copious reproduction rate.

Clint Gardner said...

Err.. I guess I should say hundreds of years for microbial speciation.

HH said...

Theorris my good man I hate to challenge, but this would seem to show that within my lifetime speciation has occured. Observable data was started in 1971. You may read more here.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/04/080417112433.htm

Generally speaking, you are correct though. Most speciation occurs across hundreds and thousands of years.

Nice to hear from you!

HH =)
p.s. reminds me, I haven't visited your blog(s) for a while. Like the new avatar.

Clint Gardner said...

Excellent link. In any case, I find the "nothing is changing" argument that creationists take specious at best. Things do change, indeed. Sometimes rather quickly, apparently. They don't want to admit small changes, however: they want to see a monkey turn into a human in one generation. Dolts.