Monday, May 20, 2024

The begining of the end.

 It is Monday.  The last Monday before I retire. I have looked forward to this day since I started my first day working.  Many people take jobs because they find something they love doing; and they get paid to do it.  Others take jobs just for the paycheck.  I took jobs because it was the only way I could get to not having to work ever again.  I hate working with, and for other people. I have never been comfortable in the work-a-day world and am glad to be getting out of it. I am lucky. My spouse retired for years ago at 51 years of age.  Pretty early I know, but she began teaching at 21.  So she labored for 30years doing something she was extremely good at; and also loved to do.  I have spent 32 years doing something I am competent at. Now I get to go live my life completely on my own terms and without the anxiety and stress of working for someone else's benefit.  

We are financially independent. We have saved and rid ourselves of all debt.  We are very comfortable and can enjoy the fruits of our joint labors.  Looking forward to being a full-time grandpa and dog walker. TO think... the wife and I may wake up after 5 am any day we like.  We can drop what we are doing in an instant to help our family. We can just sit on the back patio all morning and watch the sun rise if we choose. Freedom.  Real freedom to live life completely on our own terms.  

I wish the same for everyone.  Life is hard.  An unfulfilling job makes it that much harder.  Retire as soon as you can and just live each day like it is Saturday for the rest of time.


HH =)

No comments: